Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Classroom Organization

I love to keep my classroom organized. Things run much more smoothly for me when I am organized. Here are just a few of the ways I organize in my room:

1. A bulletin board for teachers visiting my room. We do this for parents... why not for us!?
It includes:
  • important information
  • a detailed schedule of the day
  • weekly cleaning list
  • completed paperwork pocket
  • a map for laying cots out for nap & of the room
  • stickers at the ready
  • stencils
  • & more... it changes :P
 
2. A jewelry organizer. It hangs on the wall of my closet and I put some of my craft supplies in it. This way they are at eye level and easy to see. It makes things easy to find! :)



3. A kids art supply box. No fuss, no muss. I only offer this selection of supplies to the kids. It has everything anyone would regularly use... (crayons, markers, colored pencils, glue, scissors) but it is separated out for them so that all the things not meant for them (or permanent, too sharp, etc) are never given to them by accident.










4. A "scrap" paper basket & a magazine "scrap" holder. Its amazing how much paper you can save by cutting of and saving those extra bits of paper when you cut something out! Why waste a whole piece?
Any time I finish a magazine, I take it to work and cut several different things from it, sort them and store in a divided box. That way I have those things on hand when I need them for a project.
You may also be interested in:
Moving Well
Tips For An Organized Move
Chores
Household Chore Chart
Organize
Organizing In Small Spaces
Bins
Easy Storage

No comments:

Post a Comment